If you’re launching a new website…first off congratulations! You’re on your way to doing what it takes to compete and serve your customers well. As part of your redesign journey, you’re likely looking for interactive tools to give your site a competitive edge, enhance the brand look, and also help with driving traffic and increasing engagement and conversions.
Some of the other general reasons you might launch a new website:
- Better usability (UX/UI, mobile-friendliness)
- Feature new online banking capabilities (i.e. to open an account or start an application online)
- Add more products
- Provide a better customer experience
If these represent some or all of your goals, then the importance and impact of Financial Guidance tools on your new website cannot be overstated.
Here are just a few reasons why the right Financial Guidance tools can be the missing link for having a successful site launch and continued success across the whole customer life cycle.
The importance of an amazing website
“With fewer customers visiting branches, it will be important for retail banks to replace the in-person service they would have provided with personalized services delivered instead through digital channels,” said Paul McAdam, senior director, banking intelligence at J.D. Power. And most institutions have some catching up to do with the big banks: 49% of big bank customers had high levels of digital engagement, compared with 41% of regional bank customers and 36% of midsize bank customers, according to J.D. Power’s 2020 Retail Banking Satisfaction Study.
What’s more, 50% of consumers now interact with their bank through mobile apps or websites at least once a week, compared to 32% two years ago, according to an Accenture survey.
Translation? If at least half of your customers are experiencing your banking brand online on a weekly basis – and nearly all of your potential new customers are exploring financial topics online – having a website that reflects your offerings and sets you apart from competitors is crucial.
Some of the ways people measure website success in financial services include:
- Increasing website traffic: Besides competing with the Fintechs that are dominating the SEO rankings, you want to connect with qualified visitors who are asking questions that your bank can help them with.
- Better website engagement: Did you know that 66% of marketers say engagement levels increased after introducing interactive content to their marketing plans? And that you can drop your bounce rate by 15% or more? Improving metrics like time on site, page visits, and engagement can help you build customer trust.
- Increasing conversions: Whether it’s new applications, booked appointments, or account openings, there’s always potential for growth, as some Signal Intent customers can attest:
- Direct Federal Credit Union had over 120 people click into their Mortgage Application funnel in just 3 weeks after its calculator launch
- Dime Savings Bank saw 200 customers clicking into account applications flows within three months of adding Signal Intent calculators
- First Foundation Bank saw an additional 500 customers clicking to open savings accounts via a calculator
How Financial Guidance Tools help your website
At every stage of the funnel
At the top, drive SEO traffic: A well-optimized site paired with smart top-of-funnel content can improve your search engine rankings and boost your traffic. But in addition to creating content that answers the research-driven queries your target audiences are performing on Google, an interactive tool helps you distinguish your site and enhance your customers’ experience.
In the middle, boost engagement: Interactive tools act as a vehicle for bringing customers to the other products and services you can offer them. If you keep someone engaged in the middle of their customer journey with interactive content like Signal Intent calculators, they’ll find the answers they’re looking for and be ready to take the next step faster.
At the bottom, increase conversions: Paired with strong CTAs (calls to action), interactive tools line up next steps for customers after providing personalized answers to their queries. Highly engaged visitors will feel more at ease with continuing to the final step of the customer journey with your brand.
Across all of the various pages of your website
It’s all about quality over quantity. If you focus on providing for your top customer questions, you’ll be providing something of real value without overwhelming visitors with a lot of noise. Whether it’s someone trying to figure out how much home they can afford, if they should rent or buy a home, or how much they can earn on a CD, placing calculators strategically into your top verticals will help support your different lines of business.
Personalized answers at scale
There’s no budget in the world that can afford to provide personalized content at scale through article content alone. But there’s a secret weapon: the right interactive tools can provide a completely personalized experience, and your marketing team doesn’t have to lift a finger. It’s a proven fact: Personalization can bring you better results, which is why 89% of digital businesses are investing in personalization.
The bottom line: If you’re looking for a game-changer to make your site revamp a success, look no further than Signal Intent’s Financial Guidance Tools. Sign up for a free trial to customize your first calculator today.